Monday, August 07, 2006

Ethiopian

There were quite a few volunteers in Windhoek last weekend.  On Friday night we all went out for dinner at a great Ethiopian restaurant that is hidden very well in Windhoek.  The food was amazing and the technique was completely new to me. 

The front of the restaurant.  This gate was locked so we had to walk around the back... strange way to run a restaurant.Chris admiring the large... thing that we sat around.  I wasn't sure what to expect.The tops were removed and the plate inside was loaded up with spiced meats, sauces and various other concoctions
It looked almost too good to eat!We used tortilla-like (think spongy tortilla) wraps to grab bite-sized portions.The food was amazing.  I think I'll be going back there for sure... if I can find it again that is.

No comments: