Sunday, January 14, 2007

...And we're back.

It's been a nice long vacation but I'm now very ready to get back to work.  Here's a very brief photo history of what I've been up to:

My sister got married and scheduled the wedding in December so I could be there.  It was a wonderful small ceremony. Our family just keeps growing!I spent lots of time with my niece while back in the States.  We made snowmen, chased each other around department stores and hung out at Planet Kid.I was super fortanate to be able to watch the BSU beet Okalahoma in the Fiesta Bowl.  BSU wasn't expected to even be able to keep the score close, but we showed the world!  BSU can play with the best of them!!
I had a 12 hour layover in London on the way back, so I took in the sights.  This is a shot form the top of the London Eye, a huge Farris wheel.My first day back in Namibia I bought some wood and made this cabinet / table for the kitchen.  It's so nice being able to use my kitchen now!!
Five of us rented a car and hdeaded to Sossusvlie, a very famous spot for climbing huge sand dunes and exploring, for three days
"vlys" or dried up salt plains set between dunes.
Here's me walking through a vly.  Some shrubs are growing on the dunes due to the recent rains in the area.

 

Yup, that's it.  More than a month gone and just a quick post.  Once I actually start doing some work, I'll post more.

No comments: