Sunday, October 29, 2006

Talk Radio

I was interviewed by an eleven year old last week on national radio.  Actually, it was a recorded interview that will be edited and played today (Sunday) on three Namibian radio stations.

Esmelda interviewed me in this small recording booth.  She did an excellent job and has quite a personality!Esmelda and I at the booth.  She was a little firecracker- I'm sure some of the interview will be cut out (she spoke at length about being grounded)

The program is called ChildLine, part of the LifeLine Namibia program.  In the radio broadcasting program at ChildLine, youth between the ages of 9 and 14 audition to host radio programs that are broadcast weekly.  Shows range from interviews about jobs and careers (like mine) to discussions about HIV/AIDS and youth issues.

I'm really excited about finding this program and got to speak with the manager for a while ways to get involved.  One thing we talked about was giving small recording devices to make radio diaries on topics important to youth in the area.

I'll try to get a copy of the interview to post.

No comments: