Thursday, March 02, 2006

Study Time

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.usHere are some of the tenth graders that I study with Monday through Thursday.  For the most part they are good kids, pretty well behaved.  I am able to help with just about any homework they are given with the exception of algebra.  I thought I knew algebra pretty well, but when it comes to factoring and polynomial division, it was just too long ago.  They've stumped me several times on some pretty basic factoring questions.

I mostly spend this hour of study hall each day reading or doing a crossword puzzle.  They help each other on their homework, and only bring questions to me if no one else can help.  I hope to slowly gain their trust as I make myself available as much as possible.  I've already promised some of them that they can play some computer games on my lap top next week before study hall.  We'll see how that goes...

No comments: