Thursday, April 06, 2006

Weekend

I had a great weekend with Jay & Shoni from Keetmanshoop and Megan K. from Otjiwarongo.  They came in Friday evening and spent Saturday and Sunday morning with me.  On Saturday we went out to the Crafts Center Coffee shop for breakfast, then did a little shopping.  Jay needed to get an external hard drive for his computer (both he and I need to reformat our computers for different reasons), and Megan and Shoni needed a pedicure.

We watched X-Men 3 at the theaters then headed home to relax before going out for the evening.  We started the night at a very nice wine bar that overlooks Windhoek.  It's a great spot that I think I'll go to more often as they have great live music and atmosphere.  After that we went to a west African restaurant where I had Chicken curry (excellent) and we all tasted the super-spicy sauce that nearly burned my lips off.

Breakfast at the Crafts Center Coffee shopDrinks at the wine bar just down the street from my flat.Dinner at the West African restaurant.

After dinner I headed home and the others went to El Cubano (a popular night Club).  I'm just not a clubbing type.

Great conversations, great company and a fun time made the weekend enjoyable and relaxing.  Next week is a short one- just two days, after which we all go to Swakop for our all-volunteer conference.  I'm not really looking forward to this, mostly because I know it will be more partying and drinking than conferencing, but it will be nice to see everyone none the less.

After the conference everything finally settles down again.  No more interruptions.  It will be nice.

Hiking the hill to my flat.  Everyone must do it at least once to prove their worth.Megan and Shoni looking at bracelets at the Crafts Center.  I still don't understand what's so special about these PVC-pipe bracelets but they are very popular here.Here's a mocha, Africa-style.

No comments: