Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Conference

Well, the conference is going great.  It's been wonderful seeing everyone again.  It's amazing how little time it took to tell our stories and start our shenanigans again!

The conference center is absolutely amazing!  It's set up in the top of the hills forming the north west side of the Windhoek valley.  From my room I can see all of Windhoek and the numerous mountain ranges behind it.  The architecture is Greek style with swimming pools and wondering walkways.  It took the first day just to explore it all, from the surounding hilltops to the cavernous rooms.

As if living in a mountain paradise wasn't enough, we've been fed the most amazing food as well.  Each dinner is served course after course, barely giving each table of ten enough time to clean the plates.  Desserts follow both  the lunch and evening meals, and with morning and afternoon tea, I'm beginning to think they're fattening us up for something...

The only drawback to our perfect little vacation are the sessions.  While they have been noticeably toned down and "softened" compared to PST (per our request) they still are something to endure rather than enjoy.  I have to admit I have gotten some ideas and am looking forward to implementing over the course of the year, but I've enjoyed the relaxation, games and company much more than the epiphanies. 

I'm really looking forward to our backpacking trip next week.  Our roster includes six of Nam25's finest: Pat S., Mike, Chris P., Matt W., Janet and your's truly.  We've got the route, the meals and the inventory all prepared.  All that's left is getting out there!  We'll be starting out next Monday and returning (it's a loop trail) Tuesday the following week.  Should be a blast!

I have no idea when I'll get a chance to post this, but I know it will definitely be outdated when it is- sorry!

No comments: